The holiday season doesn’t necessarily end the kiddies go back to school. GTA REALTORS® provided grants to over 50 shelter-related charities throughout the GTA.
“At our Spring General Meeting, GTA REALTORS® voted to participate in the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation Every REALTOR® Campaign by donating $1 per Member per month. This is the eighth consecutive year that TREB Members have participated in the campaign, and our Members continued with their commitment to improving the quality of life in their communities by donating $560,414 this year alone,” said TREB President Mark McLean.
Grants were provided to the following shelter-based charitable organizations:
- 360° Kids
- AIS – Accommodation, Information & Support Inc.
- Belmont House Foundation
- Casey House
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Foundation (CAMH)
- Christie Refugee Welcome Centre
- Community Living York South
- Covenant House Toronto
- Elspeth Heyworth Centre for Women
- Ernestine's Women's Shelter
- Eva's Initiatives for Homeless Youth
- Fife House Foundation
- Fred Victor
- Furniture Bank
- Haven on the Queensway
- Horizons for Youth
- Inn From The Cold
- Joanne's House – Durham Youth Housing and Support
- Kennedy House Youth Services
- LOFT Community Services
- Matthew House Toronto
- Na-Me-Res - Native Men's Residence
- Nazareth House Inc.
- Nellie's Women's Shelter/Women's Hostels Inc.
- New Leaf: Living and Learning Together Inc.
- North York Women's Shelter
- Regeneration Outreach Community
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto
- Sandgate Women's Shelter
- Scarborough Women's Centre
- Seeds of Hope
- Sherbourne Health Centre
- St. Matthew's Bracondale House
- St. Michael's Homes
- Street Haven at the Crossroads
- Street Health Community Nursing Foundation
- The Dorothy Ley Hospice
- The Good Neighbours' Club
- The Massey Centre for Women
- The Redwood
- The Salvation Army – Ontario Central East Division
- The Salvation Army – Sutton Youth Centre
- The Vitanova Foundation
- Toronto Foundation for Student Success
- Trails Youth Initiatives Inc.
- Variety Village
- Women's Centre of York Region
- Wychwood Open Door
- Yellow Brick House
- YMCA of Greater Toronto
- York Region Centre for Community Safety – Sandgate
- Yorktown Shelter for Women
- Youth Without Shelter
- YWCA Toronto
Included in the $560,414 charitable contribution is the $10,000 that GTA REALTORS® raised in support of Camp Winston through fundraising efforts at the TREB FEST 2015 and REALTOR® QUEST 2015 events.
Recognizing that young people represent the city’s future, Greater Toronto REALTORS® also support a Children’s Breakfast Program operated in conjunction with the Toronto District School Board’s Toronto Foundation for Student Success. Through sponsorship and volunteerism in the program, REALTORS® work to provide the children with a well-balanced and nutritious breakfast in an effort to help achieve overall health and sustain their learning throughout every school day.
Each year, scholarships are also presented to four graduating high school students in the GTA, to be used towards their post-secondary education and a commercial network scholarship is awarded to a Ryerson University MBA student.
“REALTORS® see firsthand the countless positive impacts that come from having a place to call “home.” It’s so important in building strong communities that we take care of those less fortunate, and through monetary contributions and volunteerism, GTA REALTORS® consistently demonstrate that they are committed to building a better, stronger city, starting with those who need it most, and are our city’s future,” said Mr. McLean.